Ingredients – Muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 mashed banana
2 Tbsp applesauce
Ingredients – Streusel (Crumb Topping)
1/2 cup white or brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
2. Combine and mix dry ingredients. Add liquid ingredients (but not the fruit). Add the applesauce and mashed banana. Fold in the blueberries.
3. Separately, mix the ingredients for the streusel with a fork.
4. Fill muffin cups right to the top and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
5. Bake muffins for 18 to 24 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done. Don’t overcook, realizing the muffins will continue to cook a bit once removed from the oven.